Friday, December 8, 2017

Blog 3 John Lewis boycotting Civil Rights Event

On December 8,2017, Media Matters posted videos titled  

pro-Trump contributor criticizes civil rights icon John Lewis for not educating Trump about civil rights

 Robert Lewis is an American politician and is a prominent civil rights leader. He is the U.S. Representative for Georgia's 5th congressional district, serving since 1987, and is the dean of the Georgia congressional delegation. Lewis wants to skip the Civil Rights Museum opening because Donald Trump will be present and I completely agree with him. I believe that Donald Trump’s has been very clear on his stance about racism. He called all Mexicans rapist and killers in national TV. He has no compassion or willingness to learn. He who is the most powerful man in this country surely has the ability and resources to inform himself about the history of America. He has wanted to ban people from coming into the USA just because of their profile. He believes that all foreigners coming into the country are terrorist and shouldn’t be allowed to live here. I agree with John Lewis decision because I believe that Donald Trump's actions have shown that he is racist. He doesn’t want to learn from anyone if not he should have learned a little from the history classes that he had to take in school.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dreamland for the Powerful

Before I came to the United States I knew this country as the country were dreams came true. Yet the more time I live here the more I see d...