Saturday, December 9, 2017

DACA Should Not be repealed.


President Trump repealed DACA, the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program.

DACA is American immigration policy that allowed some individuals who entered the country as minors and had either entered or remained in the country illegally, to receive a renewable two-year period of deferred action from deportation and to be eligible for a work permit. Not every person that comes to the United States is bad there are bad people from everywhere. Many people, me being one of them came into this country with a dream of having a good education and a better life. Having DACA has given me many job opportunities and just like others I also pay my taxes. I know that I haven’t hurt the country or anyone else since I have been here just like many of the other people who have DACA. I came here when I was very small, if I had to go back to my country it would be very difficult. I have lived here most of my life if I went back I wouldn’t even know where to start. We cannot collect welfare and we are paying taxes and they also charge us to renew our permit every year. All of the money we spend on our permits and the money we pay in taxes is helping the country and its citizens. We are paying for many citizens welfare.

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree with you that repealing DACA was a horrible mistake. Immigrants are the backbone of this country and it is awful the way they are ostracized and discriminated against. Not all immigrants are bad people, in fact most of them are just looking for a better life and are willing to work hard for it. You are a perfect example of the good DACA has accomplished and I think its awesome that you came to this country to improve your quality of life and opportunities and to contribute to a culture of diversity here. America is a country of immigrants, I think people tend to forget that.

    ReplyDelete

Dreamland for the Powerful

Before I came to the United States I knew this country as the country were dreams came true. Yet the more time I live here the more I see d...